The West End Development Corporation announced that businesses at Dockyard will start to reopen, and a series of weekend entertainment offerings have been lined up as al fresco dining expands.
A spokesperson said, “A fantastic series of weekend entertainment offerings have been lined up at Dockyard as al fresco dining expands and businesses start to reopen.”
“Dockyard is ideal for social distancing with many beautiful wide-open spaces. The area presents a unique opportunity in this unprecedented time for guests to feel comfortable being out with their loved ones while having an appropriate and often times excessive physical space between them and the next group or household.” said Stephanie Rodill, the Marketing and Events Manager for the West End Development Corporation.
“The Royal Naval Dockyard is close enough for residents to have a short outing to escape the everyday, but also far enough away to make it feel like a mini getaway. With summer now here, Dockyard is the perfect place to visit and relax, especially now that al fresco dining has been expanded to include additional space like the Victualling Yard.”
“The entertainment includes:
- “Café Amici Al Fresco Family Fun Night with entertainment by Randy Lambert and WEDCO’s giant outdoor games for the whole family to enjoy – these games include Checkers, Cornhole, Connect 4 and Jenga [disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer will be provided near the games for people to use before and after]. Cafe Amici will offer special packages of delicious Italian food with Italian wine pairings! This will take place for the next ten Friday nights starting today, Friday, June 26,2020, from 5:30pm to 9:00pm.
- “Frog & Onion Alfresco Dining and Entertainment in the Victualling Yard with Frog & Onion’s giant outdoor games for all to enjoy – these games include Bocce Balls, Cornhole, Horseshoe and Giant Beer Pong. This event will take place for the next ten Saturdays starting this weekend. The Victualling Yard will see entertainment by Wayne Davis from 1:00pm to 4:00pm and entertainment by Mike Hind from 5:00pm to 8:00pm.
- “Bonefish Bar & Grill for entertainment by B&J [Ben & Jason] Band every Saturday from 1:30pm to 5:00pm for the next ten Sundays. Guests will also enjoy drink specials at Bonefish.
- “Bonefish Bar & Grill for BBQ and Sushi with entertainment by Randy Lambert every Sunday from 1:00pm to 5:00pm for the next ten Sundays. Guests will also enjoy drink specials at Bonefish.
“As well as the entertainment, the following businesses are also opening at the weekends:
- Island Tour Centre
- Nanini’s Hagaan Daz
- Alex & Pete’s Artisan Ice Cream
- Bermuda Fudge Shop Kiosk [Sunday Afternoons]
- Woodys’ Restaurant and Sports Bar
- Anchor Restaurant, Bar and Lounge
- Bermuda Fun Golf
- The Media Lounge
- Island Outfitters
- National Museum of Bermuda
- Arts Centre at Dockyard
- Dolphin Quest
- Dockyard Pastry Shop
Ms Rodill added: “It’s advisable to make reservations in advance as has been recommended by the Department of Health and all health regulations, such as mask wearing when in close proximity to others, must be followed.”